Thursday, March 31, 2011

18 miles and a great donation!

I totally don't have time to write right now, but I wanted to update that I got a great donation from a great man who is also running the same marathon! Woohoo! (I've had it for awhile but due to some issues I needed to work out, you couldn't see it on my ChipIn. Issues are all cleared up :-)

ALSO, I ran 18 miles today. It was my longest run ever, both by time and mileage. It wasn't easy, and I began planning for how I would add 8.2 more miles come May 7th at the marathon. I think some planned walking breaks, even if just to savor the water at the water stations, will be needed. I saw a small herd of deer and scared some geese along the way. I also saw a lot of people out, a sign of spring break and the approaching end of wintery weather...I didn't even regret not running with my gloves today. I won't even be able to remember all this cold weather tomorrow when I land in Fort Lauderdale! I am so blessed to be able to go there for work. I love my job.

Favorite songs to run to today: Glitter, by Pink, and the Glee version of Bohemian Rhapsody.

OK, gotta go! I'll check back in soon.

No comments: