Sunday, April 3, 2011

15 mile bike ride in the Everglades

Today we had a day off after our event, but we don't fly out until tomorrow. In other words, we had a whole day to explore Southern Florida. And explore we did! We drove out to Everglades National Park and took a bicycle tour of a 15 mile loop. I have never seen so many alligators. There were hundreds, and this was apparently a small number of alligators! The Everglades are very dry right now, but we still saw amazing plant life and bird life and had a great time riding bikes. We drove home taking the scenic route through Miami, Miami Beach, Hollywood (Florida), and Fort Lauderdale. Then we went to the gym and I had a great 5 mile run on the treadmill. I don't often use treadmills, and I don't often LIKE using treadmills, either. Today was good. It wasn't super fast, but I enjoy increasing the speed little by little on treadmills. That is something I don't do while street running. I usually just run to the beat of my music when I run outside. Today, though, the pace was controlled and got faster and faster. Tomorrow I will try to get out to run as soon as I get home from Florida. I'll be coming home sunburned, but hopefully not too sore!

No comments: