Monday, March 21, 2011

Meals for Japan

Click here to read more about Feed My Starving Children's recent and upcoming shipments to Japan.

I have worked with Convoy of Hope and was impressed with their ability to meet needs so quickly and so far-reaching. They don't have the bureaucratic hoops to jump through. They are "first responders", meaning they focus on the ability to get food clean water and other things they know to be necessary in the first hours/days after disasters. They have other things they do well, too. I worked at an event at their headquarters in Missouri just days before the Haiti earthquake, in which we made 100,000 meals that were available just in time that they could use those in their first response after Haiti's earthquake.

I have also recently learned more about NAFEC, and I have been impressed with their heart for Eastern Asia, their emphasis on supporting community, and their passion for this mission.

No comments: