Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Blessed

Entre Rios
My bed is a sleeping bag on a cot. I have much more than I need. I am blessed.
My pillow is a folded sweatshirt. I have much more than I need. I am blessed.
The things I have here fit in two bags. I have much more than I need. I am blessed.
I wash my clothes by hand and hang them out to dry while listening to music on my ipod. I have much more than I need. I am blessed.
I wash dishes by hand. I have my own bowl here. I have much more than I need. I am blessed.
I drink lemonade squeezed from lemons, not made from powder. I have much more than I need. I am blessed.
I often eat fruit for dinner here. It is fresh, and imported from only a short walk away. I have much more than I need. I am blessed.
I am getting used to not having a bathroom sink. A bucket on a faucet works just fine. I have much more than I need. I am blessed.
The kitchen, living room, bathrooms, backyard, and furniture are shared by more than fourteen people. Twenty-two while we have been here. I have much more than I need. I am blessed.
This time has been a lesson in what is needed and what is luxury. We are so very blessed. Look around. See blessings. Share with others. Stop comparing yourself to those who have more, and start thanking God for the things and people around you.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

This is a fantastic post.